- Contest is open to kids, teens, and adults of all ages. Amateur bakers only.
- Pies must have a berry as the main ingredient.
- Professional bakers cannot compete. A professional is defined as someone who works for a bakery, works for or owns a catering company, or someone who sells pies.
- Each pie entered must have an entry form. Pies must be dropped off at the Augusta Civic Center by 11 am on Sunday, April 7. Winners will be announced at 1 p.m. on the stage.
- Pies must be homemade from scratch. Bakers may not use store-bought crust or pie filling.
- Contestants may enter one pie.
- For safety reasons, NO PIES REQUIRING REFRIGERATION WILL BE ADMITTED.
- Each pie submitted must include a recipe with the list of ingredients.
- Pies must be baked in a disposable aluminum pie dish.
- Judges will use the scoring guide shown below.
- Judges will not know the identity of the pie bakers.
- Judging will begin at 12 p.m. on Sunday, May 21, with prizes announced around 1:00 p.m.
- Judges will independently assign each pie a score without consultation.
- In the case of a tie, judges will judge those pies again.
- Prizes will be awarded for first, second, and third place.
Overall Appearance: 25 Points
Juiciness or firmness
Taste: 25 points
Flavor [strength & balance]
Mouth feel [appropriateness]
Crust [flaky, soggy, mealy]
Overall Impression: 25 Points
Memorable quality of the pie
Are you impressed with the pie?
All judges’ decisions are final!